Tuesday, December 30, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR - TAKE AT LEAST ONE...




It is time to look back at the year that has flown by so quickly. There have been a lot of changes in my neck of the woods this year. With a move to Adelaide and joining other creatives at the JamFactory it's certainly been a full year. It's been great for me to be forced to step outside what I deem comfortable and I think that this has given me a real sense of who I am and what I am capable of. I am so lucky to have met some very lovely people this year through the studios at the JamFactory and also through the classes I teach there. 

It hasn't been all smooth sailing and I did find it difficult initially moving to a place where I knew no-one, but I dug my heels in, decided to take people as they are and just have some fun. Reminding myself to just live in the moment and take each day as it comes is my mantra and I hope to continue to do this in the year ahead. 

Being so busy hasn't helped with keeping this blog going. I have however been posting photos of what I am getting up to on my Instagram feed (so follow me here if you want to see more frequent updates of what I am doing). I'm enjoying checking out many other feeds and came across this one +Humans of New York 

One night, I read nearly all of the feeds, which was a feat in itself and my emotions were all over the shop, wow humans are amazing. I read some heartbreaking comments and also some extremely uplifting ones as well. This comment below really resonated with me and I hope it does with you too dear reader. The picture was of a woman and her mother, she was asked "What's your favourite thing about your mother?" Her response was...

"She loves life more than anyone I've ever known. I hope she doesn't mind me telling you this, but recently she's had some health problems and her health has got so bad at one point, she called me and said: I was starting to wonder if there was any reason to go on. But then I had the most delicious pear!"

I will leave you be dear reader and wish you all the very best for this new year that is before us and I hope that you might take at least one chance, I know I will. 

2 comments:

  1. Late, but coming from my heart: Happy New Year, dear Sylvia! ;-)
    And Happy New Chinese Year is still ahead... ;-))
    Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland, Uwe.
    Ich hoffe, es geht dir gut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too Uwe!
    I hope this year ahead is a wonderful one for you. I haven't been blogging much over the last year, have been instagramming more...but hope to do a bit more blogging in-between.
    All the best to you and yours :-)

    ReplyDelete