Wednesday, June 4, 2014

ODE TO ERNST HAECKEL





Hello dear reader, I hope this blog post finds you well. It seems as though my blog has been on the back burner for a while. Thought I should remedy the situation and share something with you. I have been busy settling in to life here in Adelaide and getting some work done. 

I had some fun making these pieces for the Waterhouse Natural Science Art Prize. I have always loved Ernst Haeckel's drawings and thought I might have a go at making some small scale sculptures based on his work. Each piece has been hammered, cut, raised and constructed by hand from flat copper sheet, the surface was then treated to give it a patina. I have just found out that I am a finalist in the Sculpture and Objects category, which is fabulous! So, look out for my pieces in July at the South Australian Museum. 

Until next time, take care dear reader...


No comments:

Post a Comment