Friday, August 2, 2013

GRATITUDE - TANIA LUNA





It was a balmy 9 degrees celsius in The Rat today and I decided to do some tinkering in my studio which is currently located in the shed. To say it was a tad cold is a understatement, but you know what I had the best day (I even did a little happy dance when I made something I am really pleased with). Lately my resolve has been tested and I have been finding it difficult to focus on "the good stuff". Last night I thought I might watch a TED Talk, cause they always seem to inspire me and I picked this one (above). This was exactly what I needed to watch. Thank you Tania Luna, you and your family are pretty amazing human beings. You gave me the nudge I needed to get back on track. 

Today, I felt like a millionaire! I am grateful for having the time to make something, listen to some tunes and feel fine. So dear reader, I hope you can find something that makes you feel like a millionaire today. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this, Sylvia. It means so much to me. Makes this whole very public and very personal story-sharing experience a lot less awkward. On an unrelated note, I am in love with the font choices on your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to hear from you Tania! Your past experiences, although very personal resonate with many (including me). I come from immigrant parents who worked very hard to start a new life here in Australia. A suitcase with all their belongings and hopes for a better life...

    Unrelated: I have no idea what fonts I have used, played around in Photoshop...There's a good site you can get free fonts from called da font.

    All the very best.





    ReplyDelete