Monday, June 3, 2013

LADY GREYHOUND



image from here

I pinned this photo on one of my boards on Pinterest not long ago and thought it was just a funny little photo, but the other night I was watching the fabulous show American Pickers and learnt more about it. This is Lady Greyhound. In 1957 the Greyhound bus company introduced her as a bit of a mascot. She certainly rocked those jewels. She attended many openings, no red ribbons mind you, she officially opened the Greyhound terminal in Detroit by munching through a ribbon of dog biscuits. Hope she makes you smile dear reader. 

3 comments:

  1. Hallo liebe Sylvia!

    Hast du die Kronjuwelen für den edlen Windhund gefertigt? ;-)
    Thanks for sharing this stunning doggy photo... ;-)

    Ich wünsche dir ein wunderbares Wochenende im winterkalten (?) Australien!

    Uwe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. Thank you for sharing it. I was looking for pictures of greyhounds for a project for class and will cite your blog in my research. We have a retired Greyhound, but I doubt she'd put up with me putting a tiara on her head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely photo and great story about Lady Greyhound.

    All the best,

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete