Thursday, November 15, 2012

GOLDEN FLEECE - GIOVANNI CORVAJA

















Giovanni Corvaja, a tremendously talented metalsmith, just rocks my world. His work is truly one of a kind and exquisite. These works are a "multitude of fibres forming a fur-like surface". They are made of special alloys using gold and platinum and are technically brilliant! 

I am missing making a little at the moment, I haven't had much time to sit at the bench, but I have been very happy all the same. I have been spending a bit of time at the Art Gallery of Ballarat facilitating workshops as part of the Capturing Flora Exhibition. It has been a joy to be part of these workshops. The students have all been Primary aged kids and have blown me away with their artworks. 

I have also just completed my two e-books. So in the next week or so, I am getting them sorted to be listed on my blog and website. I am so proud of these books, they have been a labour of love and a lot of hard labour and I am truly excited to reveal them shortly. 

Oh, I nearly forgot to tell you what these e-books are about, well I have created two books about the medium epoxy resin;

RESIN:JEWELLERY and RESIN:HOME. 

Both books include a lowdown on what epoxy resin is, how to measure, mix, pour and create with it. 

The e-books also include original projects that are sure to get you creating. As well as making new pieces, the home book provides you with plenty of ideas on re-purposing second hand goods into treasures for your home. 

If you want to keep updated with what I am up to with the books, teaching and anything else, just subscribe to my blog. You won't get any unsolicited emails from me, just a real time blog post straight to your inbox. 

Well dear reader, I am off to get a good nights sleep, talk to you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment