Friday, October 26, 2012

HAVING A GO




A present from one of my students today - thank you Meika


Well what a big day today, but very rewarding. I spent the day facilitating workshops at the Art Gallery of Ballarat as part of the "Capturing Flora" exhibition. I helped out over 100 Prep and Grade 1 students with printing techniques using gum leaves. What a joy it is to see a child create, I get such a buzz from working with young people. They continue to surprise me with their insights into life and their willingness to just have a go. 

This desire to just have a go has been my mantra for a long while. To be part of something instead of being a consumer of it gets the good vibes flowing; like education. If you feel that you want to pass on what you know to others, then you really don't have any excuse not to. Especially these days; the internet has made it very easy to do this. 

So, I am, and have been for what seems like forever, writing a couple of e-books. I will divulge more as they are nearing completion. It has been a massive learning curb, lots of ups and so many downs. I am doing the lot; from writing, taking the photos and doing the layout. It certainly isn't an easy task, but there is a great sense of achievement as each page is done. 

Each day is set aside for this work, I am barely making a living, but just feel like this is where I need to be at the moment. Besides, money is over-rated, when you don't have much, you just learn to make do with what you have and get on with things. 

Anyway dear reader, I wish you all the very best for the weekend ahead, whatever you may get up to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment