Tuesday, July 31, 2012

BEATRICE WOOD

















First image from here the other three from here



My spirit is so often lifted when I read of the lives of others and especially those creatives that venture into something new "later-on" in life. I feel, most of the time, that I am still an emerging artist/maker/whatever. That I have been spending the last 15 years or so creeping around the edges of this thing I so love and yet still have so much to learn and experience. Over these years I have, at times, doubted whether I am meant to create. But, when I have taken some time away from the bench I have felt this immense pull to go straight back. So, I will keep playing and hope that my hands will still work for me when I am old and grey. 

Beatrice Wood changed her career at 40 years of age when she began ceramics. She worked as an artist  in ceramics as well as a writer up until she passed away at 105. 



No comments:

Post a Comment