Wednesday, December 8, 2010

ST MICHAEL'S BROOCH & PIN COMMISSION








St Michael's brooch
image and work copyright sylvia nevistic 2010





St Michael's pin
image and work copyright sylvia nevistic 2010


A recent commission to make some pieces for St Michael's Grammar school in Melbourne. Thanks to fellow artist and friend Glenn Mack for the heads up on this job.... I have made my fair deal of commissions over the years from divorce rings (yes you read correctly), engagement and wedding rings to anniversary necklaces and the like...The only thing is I have been terrible at documenting the work... Before the digital age of photography I took all my photos of my work on my trusty Pentax K1000 and hardly ever got the rolls of film developed. There are still a few rolls kicking around...I also get too excited and want to give the piece to the client straight after it is made and don't get the chance to take an image... Silly me...But, whether I take photos of the end product or not doesn't really matter...its the process of working with someone to come up with a piece that they will wear and cherish for a long time...that's what I dig...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia,

    difficult to understand that no one of your (local) fans replied to your latest post.
    Your St. Micheal's pins ar really gorgeous and together with St. Michael's painting your photos tell a marvelous and magic tiny little tale...

    Uwe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Uwe,

    I have no "fans" to speak of... : )
    I don't think many people really read my blog...apart from you...thanks for the kind words Uwe...hope that you are coping well with the cold weather over there..Not long until another year has passed us by...

    Alles Gute. Frohe Weihnachten

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Weihnacht and ein happy Neues Jahr, dear Sylvia!

    Enjoy the Christams time and for 2011 I wish you all the best: healthiness, enjoyment of live, satisfaction, friendship and love!

    Uwe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Neues Jahr Uwe!!!!

    I hope that the year ahead brings you everything you wish for...

    All the best for you and yours..

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete