Tuesday, August 31, 2010

ODE TO MY WORKBENCH





Oh my love, my everything, you have been in my life for quite some time...you are not a pretty thing...you are worn & old...oh so old...but you are sturdy & reliable, always...You were born from my desire to create...you may not remember the day I made you mine...you, sitting in a demolition yard somewhere unaware of what was about to happen...me armed with some scraps of timber ready to transform you into something of sheer beauty to me......I will not worry that you are not fashioned from oak or mahogany...or that you have no bells & whistles...You have been with me sharing my triumphs & disappointments...through my tears & joyous days....& for that, I am forever indebted to you for giving me a place to work...a place for me to go home to...

- Sylvia Nevistic August 31, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment